On Saturday, we had Cornel's 50th Birthday Party! It was a test for Jesse as when we had guests previously, he was very nervous and unsociable. On Saturday evening however, he was brilliant. Apart from a couple of growls at the young girl there, he was fine and very sociable. He went to greet everyone, certainly wasn't glued to me, but moved freely and really enjoyed himself. He also tried to play with Snowy who my parents-in-law brought along, but Snowy doesn't understand how to play with dogs...
All four dogs have been absolutely brilliant on Saturday. They behaved well and had a grand time getting all the attention from all the guests! I am so proud of our four boys.
On Sunday, Jesse and I went to an obedience workshop with Kay Raven. It was very good and I got a few good tips from her. She uses a lot more luring and time-out for "punishment" for wrong responses whereas I use much more freeshaping and no punishment other than no reward. But it was a good day and it was very interesting to watch everyone and pick up some new ideas.
Unfortunately Jesse wasn't so comfortable around the other dogs and he did have a go at little Archie (7-week old puppy), but I cought him in time, so Archie didn't get hurt. But this is still an area that is obviously (so far) not affected at all by the thyroxine, so needs lots more work! But he is not coming to training class in the winter anyway, so there is no problem. He is absolutely fine on walks and in fact appears a lot happier with other dogs and has tried to play with some as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment