Jesse has now been on Soloxine for two weeks! And touch wood, so far I have not seen a any resource guarding at all from him with our other dogs... something which used to be very common place before! (with the exception when we took him to my parents-in-law where he met their new dog for the first time and he went a little stiff when he had a ball and the other dog approached, but perfectly within reason).
He has not been aggressing other dogs on lead last week either, though he hasn't been to training class lately (where this was worst), so I can't judge this one just yet. I am aware that with most aggression issues, there will also be a learnt component to it all now, so additional work will probably be necessary. He seems to be more playful with some dogs we meet on walks, which is great of course.
He does not have any dandruff anymore, the coat seems a bit softer and shinier already... though the latter may just be wishful thinking as that certainly will take a bit longer to return to normal. I am certainly pulling out a lot less hair when I brush him though, less mats too.
His itching has eased off quite a bit, he still has itchy episodes, but he used to scratch almost non-stop, now it's just every so often (still more than normal, but nothing like before)! And he is on no further medication for that, so I guess that's working too.
Oh, and I almost forgot, Jesse was much less worried in the car on Sunday than he normally is. And as it went on, he seemed better and absolutely fine and settling on the way home! Has this to do with the thyroid issue as well? Who knows...
The whole thing is quite fascinating. It's like everything that's wrong with Jesse is gradually reversing... It's like a film running backwards in slow motion... This Saturday will be a little test for him as we are having Cornel's 50th Birthday Party, where quite a few people will come along including Janine and Thorsten's young kids. We'll see what his reaction is to that this time round.
No comments:
Post a Comment