Initially wanted to start with reading Troy next... then found an insistent calling towards Jesse. Realised as I began that Troy has to be the last that I read.... almost as though he is slightly separate from the others in some way... obviously not in the way he is cared for or anything, just that he does different things... has a different family role that set him apart. I am told firmly that he is your husband's dog.... (sorry I know he's yours too)
So.... Jesse... an 'american' cocker spaniel... and I find the word 'american' emphasised in my mind as though it is the answer to a question. Jesse thinks very well of himself. He has status... always has done.. seeing an image from the past of him being 'protected' from another dog barking at him.. ;... as he is 'bustled' out of reach of the situation it is as if he is saying...'No..no ..let me explain....hear me out. I'm very important you see. I'm the... ooh struggling for a word here... something like..owner's or boss's or leader's dog. He looks at the others in your pack and recognises that they too are of the same 'pack' as he and so no issues there.... That approach to others tho... as if he is constantly saying 'No' to them. A sharp no. He often wants others to behave in a certain way.See's his as the 'first family' and expects others to behave as such. Would accept a bowed submission as ideal. There's an issue around playfulness in others as though it has unsettled him... put him on edge. Image of an on leash dog close to your legs and then another further away bouncing.... it is a tense situation.
Flashing image of plain white fish broken into pieces. And a feeling of discomfort in bottom of chest/top of abdomen.... heavy meals don't sit well with him... almost as tho he gets indigestion after them not greatly tho just like us saying... 'oops ate too much there'... he knows this feeling and doesnt like it so is sensible. I'm reminded that a too full tummy makes it difficult to curl nose to tail...'not quite as comfortable'
Image of a hand reaching down to stroke Jesse and the reminder.... 'gently please'.... .I see his domed head lower slightly and my attenion is drawn to it's right side tho I can't see anything wrong... like there's been or will be an irritation... not current tho
For some strange reason I see a glowing circle around his bits.... as if there have been issues relating to this.
Jesse does obedience. He had a natural affinity for this when v young. A trick that he doesn't like doing.. finds it a bit embarrasing .... Jesse has an excellent sense of smell and uses this to great effect in his life. Not only can he 'find' he can also smell out emotions in others... he can smell fear at 50 paces! I get an image of Jesse with humour showing a situation where he surprises a bigger dog by being able to 'smell out' his insecurities leading to a surprise reaction. As tho the bigger gog expected Jesse to be scared and he wasn't cos he could smell out where the bigger dog was coming from. ie nervousness diguised as bravery.
Feeling on the whole that Jesse is a 'valiant' little guy. Often misunderstood by those who don't know him. He ctually is very big hearted and just wants the wold to run the way he knows it should be.
Strange but I always end a reading with trying to listen for a piece of music that would suit the dog I'm reading for... I have absolutely no idea why but Jesse gets 'Pat-a-cake'!!
And my reply to Marie:
Thank you so much for this reading.
It is actually very interesting to read! It's hard to give comments on the individual sections, but here's a few overall ones:
Troy is a bit apart and is supposed to be my husband's dog... and I think he would like it to be as well. However, my husband hasn't been taking care of him for the last three years or so, thinking that one or two walks a week or even no walk for a couple of weeks is sufficient... So I have taken care over for Troy mostly, hence probably Troy's pointing out that he is hubby's dog! I think Troy feels quite sad about that. Troy is also our top dog and has therefore always been a little on a different level... In addition, he is getting older and is not so interested anymore in interacting with the others too much! He loves his peace and quiet now.
Jesse is a funny boy and many things that you say are true... He has food allergies and when on commercial pet foods, he used to get upset tummies. I think he is fine now though in that respect. However, he has just been diagnosed hypothyroid which I think would account for a lot of his emotions! He is indeed quite careful around other dogs and rarely plays with them, though he is not aggressive off lead at all because he has space. On lead he can be very aggressive... This is possibly down to his thyroid issue! Both his half-brother and sister are extremely aggressive towards other dogs... As mentioned Jesse isn't, though he doesn't related to most too well... before he was neutered he wanted to hump them all, now he just says hello sort of cautiously and goes his own way...
There's an issue around playfulness in others as though it has unsettled him... put him on edge.
From very young even within his litter, he used to barge in trying to separate his litter mates if their playing went over the top or they were aggressive. He has always had an issue with that and used to go completely biserk as a pup when our other dogs started playing together! We gradually resolved this issue by teaching him to grab a toy instead to take it out on that instead! It is working.
something like..owner's or boss's or leader's dog
Jesse is our baby, being the youngest (and the smallest); I still call him "puppy" eventhough he is almost 2 now. He is like a shadow to me, I move, he moves... he often falls asleep in my lap like a baby! Also, (unfortunately), my husband treats him totally different to all the others, Jesse can get away with murder and stuff is tolerated by him which he would not tolerate from the others! Although Jesse is my baby too, he is overall treated no different to the others by me.
Jesse is a happy little dog, but as you have picked up, he does have a strange relationship with his environment at times... I am thinking (and hoping) that this is largely down to the thyroid issue! I know from my friend who is also hypothyroid that this can run havoc with emotions.
Thanks again for the reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment