Friday, 9 March 2007

Another day...

Jesse slept through from midnight to 6 am which is very good. That's when I got up anyway to take Dylan and Flash for their walk. It was a lovely morning and they enjoyed their run, though Flash seemed a little quiet compared to how he normally is.

Jesse still struggles a little to stay quiet and sleep when I got out, so Cornel takes the night crate on the bed or next to him to calm him down which works. I am sure Jesse will soon get used to the routine of me getting up to take the lurchers out, then get home for a bath and feed the rabbits, then take Jesse downstairs, do a bit of training and have a good game for half an hour, then feed all of them, and back to bed for Jesse when I go to work until Cornel gets up a couple of hours later.

TRAINING DIARY

Jesse now knows the behaviours of sit, down, back and touch. It is now a matter of putting them all on cue. Sit is already pretty good on cue, but only in one position (in front of me) and it is not reliable yet. The others are not on cue yet.
This morning, we did mainly the "back" and I have started putting it on cue. We'll see how long it takes Jesse to catch on.

I have to be very careful with Jesse when I clicker train, he is so fast when doing stuff (with the tail wagging furiously most of the time), that it is easy to get the clicker timing wrong... and unfortunately as he learns very quickly he sometimes gets confused or learns the wrong thing... That'll teach me to pay even more attention to good timing - and I always thought that my timing was not so bad... Oh well, I'll get there.

No comments: