Thursday, 23 October 2008

Thyroid Test

This morning, I took Jesse and Troy to see Mark yet again.

Although Jesse's skin has cleared up, he is still itching quite badly. To relief the symptoms immediately, Mark gave him a steroid shot just for the short term. At the same time, we took some blood (which Jesse was not impressed with at all...) for a thyroid test. We are getting a comprehensive test done here in the UK and then Mark will get in touch with Jean Dodds in the States to get her interpretation (based on breed, age, activity level etc) to give us an answer.

If of course Jesse is hypo-thyroid, then simple medication should do the trick. If he is not, then at least I can put that to one side and concentrate on another path to solve the issue (e.g. homeopathy).

We will know the results next week. I have sent Mark all the info about Jean Dodds and her articles that he needs.

No comments: