Sunday, 5 October 2008

First Novice Round - Thurrock Obedience Show

The weather was absolutely atrocious... it was raining almost non-stop and it was very windy! Neither Jesse nor I enjoyed it at all.

We did the Beginners first as we had running order 4. Jesse's heelwork was nice, but he anticipated both the recall and the retrieve! What a shame, he would have done well otherwise. I think I must have walked off with the wrong foot, as he didn't anticipate anything in Novice.

When Jesse did the Novice stays ok despite the rain(first time with my back towards him which I have never practiced), we did the round. Unfortunately his heelwork was a bit dodgy as - as the judge told me - I kept looking back! Stupid me! I still do it eventhough I get corrected all the time! I must do something about this.

Both judges loved Jesse's attitude and the Novice judge said that he was the happiest dog in the ring they had had so far. That's quite good enough for me! As long as Jesse is enjoying himself, that's fine with me.

Well, no rosettes today, but we have all winter to practice now and should be ready for next summer! Can't wait.

Well, as Novice didn't go so well point wise either, we left early at around 11. Jesse was wet, I was cold and I didn't want Jesse having to wait around all wet all day! So we spent the rest of the day indoors in the warmth.

No comments: