Sunday, 24 June 2012

Obedience shows: SATS (today) and Surrey (last Sunday)

Well, after last Sunday's disaster (more below), I am so happy that our mojo seems to be back: Jesse's heelwork was ok, though the first part of both on lead and off lead was wide, then second part excellent. The recall and retrieve were good, just a dodgy sit on the retrieve and slightly off on recall. Stays were great! We came 2nd! Totally happy and looking forward to our next shows!

Whereas last week-end... here was my Facebook post:

***

I think I should have stayed in bed this morning rather than go to Surrey obedience show: 1. SatNav didn't charge as it should have done, 2. Skye threw up in car despite meds, 3. journey took twice as long as it should have done due to non-working NatNav, 4. bungee cord hit me in my face when it didn't hook up properly trying to fasten the reflective suncover for my car... I now look like a got a ...left hook of a different kind with a bruised and sore mouth and lip... :-(, 5. missed my running order in Novice due to late arrival, 6. forgot to pick up the ring number when ticking Jesse off on entry list, so had to go back to ring again, 7. Jesse and I produced a rubbish Beginners round partly due to the uneven ground (put Jesse off), but mainly because we were both just rubbish today, 8. journey home took ages as well due to traffic and no SatNav instructions... I think it's safe to say that it wasn't a great morning at all! We were all knackered by the end of it, though it is of course always good to have tired spaniels. LOL
 
***
 
In addition, Skye broke out of her crate by bending the door. When I came back to the car, she was sitting attentively in the front seat. She did the same again today - twice... So I have now cable tied the back crate and we'll see how she'll get on with that. I shall also take some stuffed kongs etc with me to keep her busy, though not sure whether she'll eat them.

No comments: