Monday evening, when I came home from work, I noticed that Jesse kept worrying his left front paw. I went and had a look... I saw a mat that I thought I overlooked and thought that may be the mat was pulling his skin and started cutting it off.
But it wasn't the mat that bothered him... I only went and found a grass seed digging it's way into his skin. Luckily, the tail end was still on the surface and I managed to pull it out entirely! Jesse was instantly a lot happier. I desinfected the wound and also applied tea tree cream.
There is still a little bit of a swelling next to the entrance hole... I am watching it very closely (just in case there is another bit stuck in there) and if I feel it is not healing, he is straight off to the vet's.
Jesse has never had any grass seed problems up to recently, when I pulled one out of his eye (which left him none the worse for wear other than two slight scratches on his eye) and now this one in his paws. There seem to be more grass seeds floating around this year than ever! And we can't really avoid them as they are even on the pavements...
I have kept an eye on the paw and keep applying tea tree cream and so far, it looks ok. I will also give him homeopathic silicea to help expel anything else that's left in the paw.
No comments:
Post a Comment