Wednesday, 3 January 2007

October 2006

I had already contacted the American Cocker Spaniel breed rescue a while ago as our next dog was definitely going to be an American shortly after meeting the puppy the first few times, but they said that it was extremly unlikely to get a young, undocked ACS into rescue... Breeders say the same that they don't get dogs returned... So that option is out...

I turned it round and round in my head, not really wanting to buy from a breeder at all... but whatever way I put it, a breeder puppy came up as the only option! I was going to wait until a rescue American came up, but now with all this happening, the heartache is too much and I need to fill the hurting hole in my heart as soon as possible. To make sure that rescue dogs are not missing out, I have pledged to pay the same amount that I pay for the puppy to various rescue organisations. It gives me peace of mind that rescue dogs benefit from my purchase of this puppy too.

I looked for breeders that leave their puppies undocked and found one! Chris Page from Kent. I contacted her and she said that she expected a litter just after Christmas. I asked her to put me on her waiting list.

No comments: